Friday, May 1, 2009

Turkish apple, Prahran market



I like walking to Prahran. I often walk to my sister’s apartment in Winsdor; it takes about 104 minutes. My only problem is when I can’t think of 100 minutes of decent music I want to take with me on my iriver.

Today I walked to my Dad’s work on Chapel Street, just north of High Street. I usually cut through the MCG (well, I closely circumvent it), but today I went down Bridge road to Church Street, and then headed due south. I also like the Prahran markets, or more specifically one type of sultana that they stock there. Today I found a new tea store and tried to find a new and somewhat ridiculous tea to blog about. I found it: Turkish Apple.

The ingredients of Turskish Apple Tea? Apples. Just apples. Which is odd mainly because this particular tea was found in the “Blends” section. I’m definitely an apple a day kind of girl and it's another alternative to caffeinated tea, but I'm not sure I'll 'warm' to it (so it might make a good iced tea come December?). T2 also do a Turkish Apple tea, though their's is a granulated or powdered variety and contains heaps of sugar. Good for an iced tea, but probably no better for you than a can of Solo.

No comments: