Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bonsoy

Why is Bonsoy so good?

A colleague described it as 'the Lindt of soy milk' and this helped, but I still don't actually know the difference between Bonsoy and other soy varieties.

It doesn't need to be refrigerated till it's opened, so shouldn't this set off alarm bells? Is it the UHT-equivalent of regular milk? Or the weird block-of-plastic-Kraft-cheddar-in-that-blue-box-that-strangely-doesn't-
need-a-fridge-equivalent of Coon cheese?

It also costs $3.99 a litre (or $5.91 at the 42-hour gas station on Nicholson Street). Ridiculous, yes? Then why do I have 4 litres of it sitting in wait in my cupboard (waiting to be added to muesli, not to scare me when I least suspect it or jump out at me on my birthday and yell "surprise!". It's neither evil soy nor does it take notice of important calendar dates. Let's just make that clear right now.).

Shed some light, please?

1 comment:

shineon said...

You're back! YAY!

Bonsoy is so good because it is made by Japanese soy masters using traditional recipes perfected over centuries. (And I thought the "bon" in Bonsoy was of French origin...)